Do you love the fast paced bustle of the restaurant or bar experience? Do you love the sound of plates clinking and people talking? If you are thinking of starting a business, you may thrive as a restaurateur. Opening a bar or restaurant is one of the best ways to experience the bar and restaurant industry night after night. Not only that, but it is a great way to live a life full of good food and amazing social interactions. However, it is hard to open a restaurant and most new restaurants fail before the one-year mark. This is one of the reasons why hiring a consultant could be incredibly beneficial. Here are five reasons to hire a consultant when opening a bar or restaurant.
- Effective training. When it comes down to it, your wait staff and floor managers are essential to your restaurant’s operations. They need to have the customer service expertise and they need to have the unique ability to accommodate guests and make sure reservations are met. A restaurant consultancy group, like the Gilkey restaurant consulting group, will be able to train your staff and they will make sure your floor operations are running smoothly.
- Layout organization. Another incredibly important element of a successful restaurant is the seating. Before you start arranging and decorating your restaurant, you need to have a clear mark as to where all the patrons will sit. Some restaurants can be more difficult than others when it comes to deciding where patrons will sit – mainly because there are so many options. A restaurant consultancy group will know exactly where patrons will be the most comfortable. Not only do you want people to be comfortable, but you also want be able to fit the maximum amount of people in at once.
- Better organization. Having all your ducks lined up before you start a restaurant is important. However, most restaurateurs are too busy to even think about staying organized. This can turn into a huge source of stress and it can affect the success of your restaurant’s opening night. A restaurant consultancy group will be able to make sure that you stay on track and that everything is going according to plan.
- Employee filtering. A restaurant consultancy group is also important because it can be hard to find the right employees. If you are a cook, it can be hard to know who to staff on your floor – what makes a good waiter and what makes a bad waiter? During the hiring process, a restaurant consultancy group will be able to easily weed out the good from the bad.
- Long term solutions. A restaurant consultancy group will also create a long-term plan for your restaurant – one that expands past a year. After you get past the first year, you can breathe a huge sigh of relief, because your restaurant is probably going to make it for many more years. However, you want a restaurant consultancy group to be on your side to make sure your long-term plan is actually working.